Apr 15, 2013

Rip the Road









Rip The Road has to be one of the best 10 km race for the year 2013.
What I love about the race is it was held in the Makati Business District area. You can’t get anymore “Social “than that
I remember during the year 1981 when races where held at the Makati area we would run around Ayala, Edsa and part of Makati ave. The landmarks we would pass are Park Square, Hotel Intercom, Brick town and Quad. The race venue was at Brick town area which is now
 GB 3.
The sponsors of the race then were Coca-Cola, MacDonald’s and Band Aid. Boy that was over 30 years ago.
Anyway, back to Rip the Road.
The Race was very organized congratulations to Francis Macatulad  and his group.
Lots of water. Flat fast course. Marshall's on critical Intersection and on the 4th km mark 1 killer hill at the  Kalayaan flyover just to wake up the legs :-).
The heat did not bother me because lots of shade… not from trees but the TALL BUILDINGS!!!!!
Nice Love it.
I love the race so much that I’m looking forward for the next leg of Rip the Road and hopefully I improve my finish time.
Awesome race.
Oh just to add, The reason I think I did pretty well in the race is
THE CLEAN REST ROOMS AT THE MAKATI SHANGRILA HOTEL!!!
Thanks Shang. I was in heaven sitting in the toilet :.-)
RACE DISTANCE :10 KM
ACTUAL RACE DISTANCE (GARMIN) :10.32 KM
FINISH TIME : 52.49
PACE : 5.07 / KM.

 Alfred , me and Joey. 
Joey speaks better tagalog than Alfred and I.
I couldn't resits but .... "1 of this things is not like the other....1 of these things do not belong "..... 
Can you guess who does not belong and why - Sesame Street. 
Running friend 
BDO Bank head - Dyna A.

Running Friend 
Peacy T.
Running Friend 
Lito P.