Feb 4, 2013

Condura Skyway Marathon 2013


My function for the Condura Skyway Marathon 2013 event was not only to run the 42.195 km event but to cheer all then runners on the route.
I was not gunning a PR (but if I did I would be the happiest person in the world)
I also made sure that The “SAFETY BUDDY” was strictly implemented.
I will check how the runners are doing and made sure that the Lifeline staff on the route where awake and alert … and yes the Lifeline group did an excellent job.
I was in wave “B” and in spite of my years of running I still get nervous when I race.  
I was feeling good in my run I was cheering runners, giving them high five and encouraging everyone to not give up and make their dreams come true.
I check my time / pace around the 25th km and I was on target finish time ….
But somewhere in the 30 km mark I got sick.
I was vomiting with matching wrenching tummy and back spasms. I also wanted to make no.”2”
 I had to stop several times to VOMIT in fact the Lifeline people even approached me and asked me if I was doing ok. I said, “Yes resting Lang “.
 I couldn’t figure out what went wrong with my Body system why it was shutting down but I think it was the combination (banana, water, juice, gel and chilly windy weather) my body couldn’t handle it, I am payatot kasi.
What was FUNNY is if it was somebody needed the “SAFETY BUDDY’ System it’s me.
 I struggled till I reach the finish line a finish and finish at a respectable time of 4 hours and 27 mins.
Thank you God.
TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THE CONDURA SKYWAY MARATHON 2013 POSSIBLE THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!
TO YOU RUNNERS THANK YOU
Will see you next year ! 


Blurry Pic but itsTon and I at the starting line for Wave B runners