Sep 20, 2012

One step at a time


I woke up at 3.30am and I was nervous how my run would be.
After having a strong cup of coffee
I warmed up, stretched out, massage my injured right foot got dressed and I said a short prayer before I went for a run under the pouring rain. Oh ! I forgot I had to go to the toilet before I headed out J.
As I started my run I was a bit surprise I did not feel much pain. From a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest I would rate it as 2!!!
As I was running I had a smile from ear to ear.
I was expecting the worst of the worst but to my surprise I was OK!
“Thank you God”, I said in my head ! Thank you! at one point I thought I was going to cry J. I’m such a baby.
I completed a 12.12 km run , 7:30 / km pace, 1:31:00 time.
“Thank you God”, I said again.
Then I remembered  what  Dr. Miguel del Prado told me, “ Patrick in 2 days you will be able to run again”
He was right ! Though i was running " Gary Pace" I should listen more because we don’t  call him the
“ Miracle Man” for nothing.
I'm still continuing myself-massages and icing of foot for full recovery.