Aug 6, 2012

Run for the Veterans - 10 km

Define  “Veterans” ?
Webster : A person who has had long service or experience in an occupation, office, or the like: a veteran of the police force; a veteran of many sports competitions.
I wonder if I fall in this  category ha ha !
Anyway, I was just clowning around.
The  Veterans race Started at Molito, Muntinlupa City and enters our village. Part of the Race route will only be about 300 meters away from my home.
Saturday is usually my long run day but  I could not just make this race slip my hands.
And besides the race starts at 5.15 am which will give me a couple of hours of  more zzz’s.
Ayala Alabang  is known for its hilly race route. The newbies are already struggling  in the first half of the course  while we  veterans know when to pick up the pace and what part to take it easy. In short home court advantage :-).
I like supporting this small " homey races ". Remember Rio and Condura started this way also.
Humble begging.
Good nice simple race. i enjoyed myself.
Finished in 55 Min's. 
Oh after this race I will join the Kellogg,s Race tom. ( Sunday )
......
Update did not wake up for the Kelloggs Race but instead ran 16.22 km.
i guess that's OK :-)
Puffy face slept late last night and ate to much salty food in the evening !
This little boys name is JAY. He is 12 years old but my golly this little vermin is fast. I was chasing him all the time until the finish line. he finished 2 secs. ahead of me. I see Olympic potential here ! 
 Jay and his Dad. Very proud dad !
Running friend  - Graciano S. 
 Running friend - Rina