Apr 19, 2012

Race.....

My last race was the Tokyo Marathon which was held last Feb. 26,2012.
Several days after I strained my left leg muscle and got injured.
In spite of my left leg injury I was still running at least an average of 75 – 90 km a week.
But I was running at a slower pace around 6:30 / km.
I was running  because I need my daily high “ Running High “.
Now that my left leg is a lot better ( but sometimes it still twitches ) I think I’m ready to RACE again.
I feel It is important for a runner to join RACES  whenever he can.
because racing brings out the competitive side of a person.
A runner does not necessary compete with other runners but he competes against himself to performer better regardless of the circumstance.
The weeks… months of preparations for a RACE builds your character  which you can apply in your daily life.
“ The true measure of a runner isn’t in time, but rather in the effort it took along the way”. J. Hadfield.
I try to race at least 1 or 2 times a month.
Racing keeps me focus on my goal and I like competing against myself on how fast and long I can still run in spite that I’m already 49 years old.
Yup, you heard it right 49 !!!
My next race will be the the Natgeo 21k event on April. 22.
I'm not expecting much on race day I just want to race again !