Jul 29, 2011

Takbo.ph RUNFEST

This is the 2nd time I joined the Takbo.ph Runfest.
I fully support Takbo.ph, not only because Mr. and Mrs. Jinoe Gavan are friends of my wife and I, but because it is TAKBO.PH that has put the Filipino Running Community on the Running World Map.
There are 2 things that I like about the race:
1. Warm up before the race - One of my favourite warm up songs is by the group "LMFAO" and the song is “Party Rock.” Even if I'm beyond my mid 40's I still get a kick in doing the Shuffle dance " ha ha.
2. Killer route - I love a challenging route and the hills located at McKinley Hills were definitely a leg burner. I love it when I challenge myself. “The legs tell you to stop running but the Heart tells you to go on ".
In spite that the race results cannot be published due to a malfunction in the RaceTech system the race was still one of the best I have ever joined.
Sad to say but my wife couldn't join the race because her doctor told her to rest because of her asthma. She really wanted to join the race :-(.
Thank you again Takbo.ph and will see you again next year. In fact, will see you every year!Distance: 16k
Time: 1:24:18
Pace: 5:12 / km

Power Puff Boys Team with Craig Logan and Justin

Good Running Friends Rob, Zach and Marie

Takbo.ph members and TAKBO.PH main guy himself Jinoe Gavan on the right

Race Organizer Ian Alcazar and Melvin

Que Gavan and Baby Gavan Jr.

Bernice C. & twin sister ? on the left



Running Friends

After the race took the family to Claw Daddy's for lunch. Its pig-out time!!