May 30, 2011

Running Anniversary



May 30 is my 31st Running Anniversary.
I started running May 30,1980 and as of today as of May 30,2011 I have accumulated 84,213.68 kms.
As an anniversary run I decided to run a 21.28 km.
I really enjoy running.
I love it when I grind kilometer after kilometer after kilometer.
I feel no pain when I run.
I only feel what I call a “positive discomfort”. I cannot fully describe it, but I know it’s a discomfort in my body and soul that reaps exceptional benefits, not only physically but spiritually as well.
As I further increase my distance, I go into a trance where my soul separates from my body.
My senses get sharper and I am aware of all my surroundings .
I can hear the leaves land on the pavement from the trees.
I can even hear the “ Shrek” of bats, as it maneuvers from one mango tree to another.
There has been several times when I had an out of body experience of seeing myself running.
It’s an indescribable feeling. It is a high that only a runner can experience.
There is no such thing as a BAD run day.
Each run is a new experience that can be applied to life and the challenges it brings.
Running is a celebration of life.
Running makes us who and what we are.
Running is a way of life.