Jun 2, 2011

Kawayan Cove

The weather has been really sizzling hot lately that sometimes when I go for a scheduled 18km run, by the time I hit the halfway mark, I’m already drenched in sweat. Instead of racing this weekend, we opted to go to the beach instead, for a little R&R and Pig Out session….. Frankly, I like the Pig out Session!!!

Our usual family “for the day getaway” is Kawayan Cove in Nasugbu Batangas.

I love this Beach because it’s only about an hour and a half car drive from our home. There is also hardly any people around the beach, which is perfect for relaxing, no loud music and no loud voices. The Filipino food prepared by the staff is also very delicious, and the food taste very homemade.

My favorite has to be the Inihaw na Baboy and Gising-gising with Bagoong, as it certainly goes well with a few ice cold beers. And for desert there is nothing better than the turon with langka inside, which makes everything so perfect.

After lunch, I decided to take a little “Siesta “while sun bathing, and as soon as I got up from my siesta, I ate again. It was certainly a no holds bar on Food cheat day.

But of course, all good things has to come to an end, and we had to go home and get ready for tomorrow’s grueling day.

Reality bites, but at least we got to enjoy & relax, and we can face the new day fully recharged.

Pigging Out with the Uchico And Nepomuceno family
Patricia, when did you learn to play the Harmonica ?
Barefoot Running
Concepcion, Uchico and Nepomuceno Family.
Cesco doing the "Planking" check out what Planking is