Sep 16, 2010

THE GREEN MILE RACE

THE GREEN MILE RACE
In spite that my body was still adjusting from a Major Jet Lag.
I still decide to join the Green mile race for 2 reasons..
1. The race venue is located inside our village in Ayala Alabang.
2. I am injury free !!!! it’s been quite some time that I have been injury free and I wanted to savour the moment.

I estimate about 500 people participated in the said race which is pretty good especially for a small town race.
The race was also pretty organized with adequate water station, Directional signs they even had ambulances and medics on standby which is very important because the race started around 6:30am and it was already getting hot and humid.
I did not run as well as I wanted and I was a bit wobbly when i tried to pick up the pace.
I think my body was still adjusting to Philippine climate.
But overall it was a good race and I enjoyed it very much.
RACE DISTANCE: 10k
FINISH TIME: 52:41
PACE: 5.28 / km


Running Friend " Jose Marie Banzon " who came in 2nd

Running friend " ToTo Santos " who came in 3rd place

This is the first time that i receive a " Loaf of Bread " as consolation Prize :-)