Mar 5, 2008

Condura Race for Tubbataha - RunningShield Version




The 2008 Condura Race for Tubbattha – RunningShield version.

After Months of preparation, Sleepless nights & stressful weeks.
The Condura Race 2008 is finally over.
2 major things I learned about preparing for a running event like this.

· A registration fee of P350.00 is too expensive for the ordinary runner. It should range from P250.00 to P150.00 luckily we had an increase in sponsors so we were able to lower the registration fee to P250.00.
· I was also told ang ugali nang Pilipino is they register at the last moment. This was very true. 1 week before race day we only had 500 runners registered but on the last 2 days of registration there were about 1500 that registered. So we had a total of 2000 runners.

Even from day 1 of the Preparation of the Condura Race event I was really planning to run it. What most bother me about joining the race was if I was ready to race especially because I just finished the Philippine Marathon a week before I was afraid I was still in body ache mood but I just brushed it aside and will just do my best.
I went to the Fort, Taguig around 3am to see to it that everything was in proper order but 20 mins before the 10k. I quietly went to my car and got changed to my racing gear and got my head in “the zone “so to speak. As soon as the gun was fired I joined the other runner on our 10k run. The weather was perfect cloudy and cool surprisingly I felt pretty good and I could have pushed my pace but I was so caught up cheering the other runners and giving high five that I was really distracted.

I finished the race in 50.36 which I was very happy because I was only eyeing a -55mins. After the race I was busy meeting and talking to new and old friends.
It was really a good day.
I’m glad it was a success and everything went well.
Thank you God.
The 2nd Condura Race will be on March.01, 2009. The Race distance will be a 3 / 5 / 10 /21k.
I can’t wait.