Jul 22, 2019

Pilipinas Duathlon Final Leg 2019


         
             The Pilipinas Duathlon final leg was held last July 21 at The Villages, Clark Pampanga.  
Having joined the first leg last February, I decided to go for another Pilipinas Duathlon race but do the longer distance.  
Admittedly, I had a bit of the jitters prior to this event because I didn’t know how I would fare during the transition from a 10km run to a 40km bike plus another 5km run to the finish.  
I was up for the challenge but thought the race would be too grueling and a bit more than what I bargained for. So the game plan at the onset was to just stay focused, not go out too fast and pace myself which really paid off.  The perfect cool weather and moderate sun may have helped; making  it easier to accomplish the race in good time with still a bit of steam left in the finish. 
 Needless to say, this old fogey is very pleased and hope to do more “challenging” Duathlons in the future. 
Congratulations again to the Organizers Thumbie and Popo R.