Jun 18, 2019

DUAMAN Duathlon


Got my 2nd Duathlon down for the year at the recent DUAMAN Duathlon (6km Run - 25km Bike - 4km Run) at Camp Nuvali.  It felt quite good to be back in the racing circuit after almost 3 months absence.  I was originally waylaid for almost a month nursing a fractured rib which made me miss a couple of races.  Then there was the unfortunate bike malfunction at a BIKE KING race in Clark that resulted in a DNS ( Did Not Start ). I must admit there were also some occasional bouts of “tamaditis” that kept me tucked in bed rather than get up for a 3am gun-start.  All these incidents accounted for my 3 month hiatus from racing.  

Having the race close to Manila and in a place I’m quiet familiar with was a major perk.  I used to do a lot of trail running in Nuvali which made me quite familiar with both the Run and Bike race route.  I did not mind at all that the weather was extremely hot and sunny.  After the long absence, it just felt good getting my groove back and finding my mojo.


Caii and Vanj 
Randy Kanapi