Jul 31, 2018

MILO 21km Race 2018


 

For the MILO 2018 race, the morning proved to be wet, cold and windy with occasional downpours. Despite the muggy weather, I was doing quite well in the beginning until I hit the 15 km mark. I started to cramp on my arms and inner thighs which prompted me to slow down several times. I tried to adjust my form and pace but nothing seemed to be working out for me. Eventually, I just had to stop several times to stretch out the cramp and walk it out and then tried to maintain a steady pace until the finish line.

I don’t know what happened but this is the first time I’ve experienced really bad cramps on a 21km race event. Maybe it’s because I didn’t fuel well enough or the food intake the day before was not to plan. Maybe it’s the dankness of the weather or the water... Whatever happened that caused this unexpected “misfortune”, I will just have chuck to experience. Sometimes even veteran runners have to accept that life oftentimes throws you lemons and we just have to deal with it. I realize that I am not as fit as I used to be but I am still up for the challenge and still hoping for the best in succeeding races...

Love you Babes! 💙
LOVE THIS PHOTO ha ha