Mar 28, 2017

Pinoy Fitness SUB1 10 km Challenge 2017


What is SUB1 10K?
"Being able to complete a 10K Race Route in 1 hour or less has always been the ‘Holy Grail’ of most runners and Pinoy Fitness SUB1 10K Challenge is the only race in the Philippines that highlights this achievement. It’s also a test of one’s fitness. As runners, we know what it means to break the SUB1 time limit – consistent training, dedication and hard work". - Pinoy Fitness

            While most of the runner's goals that morning was to break the 1 hour barrier, I had a different agenda in mind. I guess you can say I was not exactly in "race mode." All I had in mind was to enjoy, soak up some sun and sweat it out. I was not in it to beat my time or compete with anyone but simply to push myself and see how far my body and knee can handle the faster pace. i even stop twice to tie my shoelaces and helped a runner who almost fainted a km before the finish line. 
           All in all, I was quite pleased with the results. I have already learned to accept that the good old days were I once could give the younger boys a run for their money are way behind me. Call it age or wisdom but I am pretty content with that and happy where I am at right now;  to still be a "RUNNER".  I still hope to be able to run longer distances soon and maybe even another marathon one day.  After all, one can dream right? 


Oh and if you are wondering whether I broke the 1 hour barrier…I pressed the wrong button in my GPS watch which reset it back to 0.  Just my luck....