Oct 23, 2013

Rexona Run 2013 : Run to your beat


     This post is a bit delayed ( my bad...) but I must give my personal ' critique' of the 
Rexona Run 2013.  In a nutshell, the  Race was AWESOME !!!!!!!! 
     Normally, in any race, I try to get myself into the  "Zone" so to speak, in order to perform well.  In this race, however, It never happened. I totally lost it.  Just imagine, the entire race route  lined with live bands , DJ’s  and Boom Boxes positioned in strategic areas blaring out  music everywhere.  Plus live dancers, disco balls, dancing laser lights and strobes. It was definitely an "audio-visual" treat and made me feel like I was in a " 21km Running Street Party."  The beat was so contagious that it would dictate my pace and rhythm depending on the song. There was no escaping it.  So, I had no choice but to  "zone out" and decided to just go with the flow.  It was one of those times when you simply have to let loose, let go, and just enjoy the run. 
               Unfortunately, I pulled my left calf muscle days earlier and now I'm paying for it.  I had to adjust my gait to protect my left leg which left me with a not so good time of 2.05.  But at the end of the day, it was all worth it.  Something totally different from the usual Races.  All in all, 'twas  an enjoyable and memorable race . ... a fun party!  
Best part is, I didn't even have to dance, which I totally suck at.. .. seriously.  
All I had to do was RUN. Awesome indeed. 



Left leg injury 
Photo Grabber !!! ha ha . it ended up in a collision course.