May 31, 2013

Running Anniversary - 33 years


At the end of each day and  before I go to bed, I would look at my Tab Daily Planner to check what my plans are for the following  day.  As I scanned through my planner a few days ago,  I noticed that  
MAY. 31, 2013 was just around the corner and somehow felt that this date had some special significance to me... but  I just can’t figure out what or why. Then  it hit me : 
MAY 31 is MY RUNNING ANNIVERSARY!   
This May 31, 2013, I have been running for 33 years with an accumulated total distance of  
93,333.85 km.  
After 33 years, it would be a complete understatement to say that I really LOVE Running.  
Running is not only my passion  but it has been a way of life.   I approach each run like a child with a new toy.  Each Run is always Exciting.... Each Run is so much Fun.... Each Run gives me a natural High!!!!
I don't care if the weather is hot or cold.
I don’t care if the terrain is mud or concrete.
I don’t care if the sun is blazing  or if its Typhoon signal # 4.
I don’t care if my body is on the "squeaky side" :-]
All I care about is lacing up my running shoes, getting out the door and  just run.
I do not run to be healthy.  
I do not run to be fit. 
I do not run so I can perform well during races.
I run because it gives me CLARITY.
I run because it challenges and inspires me
I run because it is who I am and who I want to be.
I am a RUNNER and I will run till the day I die.   
Every run day is a Good day ...a Beautiful day. 
I thank God for the past 33 years of running and the sense of fulfillment it has given me and I pray for many more good running years ahead.