Aug 14, 2012

Regent Run 2012 - 16 km



To be perfectly honest I was supposed to join the Rexona run at Moa which was also the same date as the Regent Run.
When I was informed Rexona cancelled their race and moved it to a later date. I scrambled and checked out the Takbo.ph website “ Race Calendar” I was “Desperately Hungry” for a Sunday Race. Come to think of it  the entire Running Community did the same thing I did.
Luckily, The Regent Run had a race schedule on that date but the registrations was already closed and by the looks on the Takbo trend, Runners were hacking , selling and buying race bib. Left and right. Race Bib in the Regent Race has become a hot item which everyone wanted 1.
Luckily, I know the race director and organizer of the race and sent them a text …they reserved a race bib for me. ( Thanks Doc Lyndon and Jinoe G. ) for your kindness.
I’m glad that Rexona Run  moved their race to a later date because the Regent Race was excellently organized and if I did miss this Race  I would have missed 10% of my “Running things to do list”.  
Asides from the usual great route, plenty of hydration, visible marshals, Screaming km markers and lots of photographers I notice they had several  “ Clean up Group “. Men and women armed with brooms and trash bag ready to clean the race venue . Galing !
But most of all what I like about a LeadPack / Takbo.ph Race is the atmosphere. It feels like “Home”. I met some old friends, new friends and it felt heartwarming that a lot of Runners recognize my humble contributor to the running scene in the Philippines. Cry! Cry! Ha ha.
I loved the race let’s do it again next year
Thank you.
Distance : 16 km.
Actual Distance : 16.12 km
Pace : 5:24 / km
Finish Time : 1:27:16
The Mc's of the Race "Dj Chloe and Bearwin M."
Paolo " Running in Pain " and i " RunningShield "
Running friends 




Craig Logan couldn't run due to a motorcycle accident he became
 the official " solo' cheerer of the Regent Run
Running friends
Hey Craig i want  1 Donut :-)