Jun 18, 2012

Petron - 10 km Race

I rarely join 10km races already mostly I stick to the 21km and above distance but because I am in the need for speed ( all that LSD is making my legs feel lethargic ) I decided to join the Petron 10km race.
I also wanted to join this race because the race course will start in Ortigas and will pass 3 killer hills namely.
a.    E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue  Flyover – North Bound
b.    E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue Flyover – South Bound
c.    Don Julia Vargas – East bound
The race had to be delayed by 30 mins. because of the rain  but fortunately  when it started it was only a slight drizzle which was great because the weather was really cool perfect for 21km and above distance races.
Anyway,  I estimate about 2500 join the said race which was a pretty good turnout giving the rain and the Unilab race which most of the majority runners joined.
The Petron was a very good race no frills no gimmick just a well prepared race with adequate water and great marshals to properly guide the runners.
Thank you to Ms. Anna Patricia L. Pasetes - Head of Business Development, Itemhound Corporation for providing the complimentary race bib.
Till next year. Do I hear a 16 or 21km distance ?!!!!
Killer Hills Route
a.    E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue  Flyover – North Bound

b.    E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue Flyover – South Bound
c. Don Julia Vargas – East bound