Oct 24, 2011

My Favorite Running Place when my head is not screwed properly


When my head is not screwed properly.
When my disposition in life is all messed up.
When i am depressed .
This i the time .......
I need to go for a Long Run.
It is in my long Run that i am able to "Purge" all this negative feeling inside me.
It is during my long runs that the endorphins are at a all time high and i feel inner peace.
It is when my spirit detaches from my physical body and for a moment in time reality does not exist.
It is a time i can think properly.

I wanted to run out of town but i did not want to make the long trip because i needed my " Fix" ASAP !
I decided instead to run at my Favorite Running place in Manila which is The Seawall at Roxas Boulevard.
Roxas Boulevard has always been my favorite running Area.
I love the smell of the sea water. ( even if its a bit polluted )
I love watching / observing the people who linger in the area ( vendors - my favorite is the vendor selling "Strawberry"flavored Popcorn, Massage therapist, Aerobics impromptu classes, homeless families etc. )
All of these contribute to the Unique character of Roxas Boulevard.
I also get amaze watching the long line in the U.S.A. embassy by the locals hoping for a Tourist or working Visa.
But most of all i love running in Roxas Boulevard because i feel like i am just a common person who just wants to enjoy life in the way it was meant to be.
Running in my favorite place brings me great joy !
The Seawall was heavily damage due to the storm surge during Typhoon " Pedring "but i was surprise that after a few weeks the place was clean and run "passable " and now there are plans to renovate / modernize the area. whatever the plans are by the local govt. Just don't kick out the street vendors... i need my Strawberry flavored Popcorn :-).