Dec 8, 2010

Quezon City International Marathon 2 2010


The QCIM 2 will be my last Marathon for the year 2010. My PR time in the Marathon is 3:52:20 which was way back in 1983. I was 20 years old then. Now that I’m 47 I have come to terms with myself that improving my PR time is now a dream.
have now set “ Realistic “ goals.
My goal for the QCIM 2 is a 4:20 which is around 9 mins faster than my Condura Marathon time of 4:28:46 which was last Feb 2010.

The Race Course was very simple starting at the Quezon Memorial Circle we went straight to the University of the Philippines; Commonwealth Avenue all the way to La Mesa Dam and back.
The best and toughest part of the course I have to say was the La Mesa Dam area.
The scenery of the La Mesa dam was beautiful with the fresh water lake, Century old trees and best part there was no pollution.
But it was also the toughest part of the course because of its rolling hills. What got to be frustrating is after you pass one bend of the hill here comes another hill and another I was wondering when it would stop.
But frankly I love challenging courses so I did not really mind. I just kept saying in my head “ Bring it on “.
In the final 10km I was in a different world and I was really concentration on my form. I was surprise I was feeling pretty good because usually around the 37th km my legs would cramp up but this time it did not.
Yes, I was tired and I had to stop 3 times ( 5 to 10 seconds each stop ) to stretch my legs to get it elastic again but no cramps. When I saw the 41km race marker I just picked up the pace and went full speed to the finish line.
It was a good race and I was in total ecstasy with my performance.
Running a Marathon is like Life because Dreams can become a reality if you work hard on it !
Thank you God!

My wife “ Mabu “ ran the 5k race and she did very well and felt she could run more after the race.
She has done 2 – 3k and 9 – 5k races.


5k na naman " WE WANT A 10k."
She told me that she is sick and tired of doing 5k and wants to graduate to a higher distance.
ON DEC. 11 SHE WILL BE DOING THE 10K at THE “ING RUNNING 20 “EVENT.
Let’s get it on!
I’ll be doing the 20k event.
See yah!

PATRICK STATISTICS:
a. RACE DISTANCE: 42.195 Km. (Marathon)
FINISH TIME: 4:20:15
b. ACTUAL RACE DISTANCE: 42.740 Km.
ACTUAL FINISH TIME: 4:23:09
PACE: 6:09 / km


MABU STATISTICS :
RACE DISTANCE: 5Km.
FINISH TIME: 52.13 mins.

Commonwealth Avenue. Race Organizer - Neville Manaois
With Bald Runner

Running Friends in spite that he needed medical attention he finished the 21k !!!
La Mesa Dam is "Dam beautiful" Me, Mabu and Running friend Marie B.
Post Marathon Meal. I wanted a Peking Duck but there was none available :-(. Had a Shingtao beer and Suckling Pig instead 3am and ready to rock and roll !!