Feb 16, 2010

Asics - Gel- Kinsei 3

Usually after every race, especially after a marathon, I would give myself a prize by purchasing a good pair of running shoes. But after several races, I have not yet purchased one, because I have not seen any shoe in the market that I really liked.

So, when ASICS became the official sponsor of the Condura Run, and I was informed by Sonia Trading Managing Director – Mr. Anil Buxani that they will bring in the KINSEI-3 model I got extremely excited and acted like a little boy with a new bike. You see, I love the KINSEI model and I am a loyal follower. I purchased the KINSEI 1 and 2 several years ago, and in my opinion, these models are the “Rolls Royce” of the ASICS brand.

As soon as I got my KINSEI–3, I immediately went for a 15km run, then a 20km run the next day. Who cares if I just did a full marathon 2 days ago? I just had to try them shoes!
And as always, the KINSEI-3 lived up to my expectations. The shoe was firm, but still flexible. It gave me a lot of support on my heel which I need very much. The traction was also very good in wet surface and another feature that I totally loved about the shoe was the forefoot being wide. My feet are not wide, but I like the unrestricted feeling.

Again I am speechless with this model and I highly recommend it to all runners who want a good sturdy reliable training shoe.