Dec 18, 2009

Before and After - 2

The Condura Run Team was busy gathering pictures and cd’s for the Condura Run website.
That’s when I came across some old pictures of me and the Concepcion Clan.
Looking at the pictures gave me back lots of good memories, but most of all, it was funny to see my pictures when I was still FAT.
To be honest, when I was FAT I did not really care about the way I looked. I enjoyed life, food, sports etc.
Yes, I was 220lbs (at my peak), and I wore a size 38 jeans,
In fact, family and friends where calling me "FATRICK" and not "PATRICK".
Then I started running May 30, 1980.
I started running NOT to lose weight, but because I really enjoy doing it.
I told myself, “Who cares if people make fun of me when I run”.
There were lots of drivers / pedestrians / school kids / old people and many more who would insult me and shout, “Baboy, baboy! “ (English: Pig )
As I said, I DID NOT CARE. IT REALLY DID NOT BOTHER ME.
RUNNING made me feel SPECIAL. It gave me Confidence. It made me feel different from the norm.
The FATS just naturally melted away.
Now, I weigh 130lbs. And I wear a size 30 pants.

My Mom and I, My weight a whopping 220 lbs.

Now