Nov 17, 2009

Acupuncture - R&R

I decided to visit INTERCARE at their Alabang branch to have a professional diagnose my left heal problem. The attending Physician was Dra. Liberty Santos who is a Medical Acupuncturist by Profession.


Diagnosis :
Achilles tendon bursitis. (same diagnosis as mine) is a common foot pain in athletes, particularly runners. A bursa is a small sack of fluid that goes between a tendon and a bone in the feet to help the tendon move smoothly over the bone.
The retrocalcaneal bursa in situated in the feet between the Achilles tendon and the calcaneus (heel bone). With repeated trauma the bursa can become inflamed.
Recommendation:
- I can still continue my daily runs. I just have to take it easy on the mileage.
- After my runs for the first 24 hrs to apply a cold compress and after 24hrs. To apply a hot compress.
- Continue using my Osim – Pro Therapist.
- Acupuncture at least 2 times a week.
- If the pain still persists she recommends that I have it X-rayed to check if I have a bone heal spur.


---

--------

INTERCARE

-

Left heal ( swelling at the back ). Right heal ( No swelling )
Heal with Acupuncture needles.The needles are connected to a gadget that send electric current to the heal to stimulate the ligament / tendons so it may heel faster.
"I hate needles when the Doctor started sticking them needles in my foot I started to sing “Mary had a little Lamb” just to distract myself. I think I sang it 5 times".



After my Acupuncture session was over my Family and I went to Tagaytay Highlands for an overnight R&R and family bonding time which is definitely the best part of the weekend.