Mar 3, 2009

Candy Corner - Jelly Belly

RunningShield Research and Testing Centre

I got an email from Candy Corner Marketing Manager – Ms. Olive Bolico last week and I quote:
“We are planning to launch a new product this year – the Jelly Belly Sport Beans.
Sport Beans ™
are energizing jelly beans that are clinically proven to maximize sports performance. Each bag contains carbs, electrolytes, and Vitamins B and C, and comes in 4 great-tasting flavours – orange, lemon lime, berry blue, and fruit punch.
I have contacted you because we are looking for athletic individuals who would be willing to try this product and give us their opinions and reviews as to its effectiveness and marketability. Should you agree to be part of this group, we would be sending you the free product trial set, including the product information and questionnaire, so that you will be guided in the use of the product”
My first reaction was “New Product?” I’ve already been using Jelly Belly Sports Beans for more than a year but I still wanted my free sample!
I emailed her back and agreed to her proposal. The free product including the CD and questionnaire were delivered to my office.
There were so many technical jargons in the CD that at one point it was boring.

Bottom line is I am a firm believer in Jelly Belly Sports Beans as I have tried it and it has proven itself to be very effective. It is one damn good product!
I’ve tried other types of energy boosting foods in such forms as a gel but they were too gooey and energy bars were too dry that they made me choke.

The best thing I like about the Jelly Beans is that it comes in bite size packaging. One package contains about 10 to12 pcs . You can easily pack it with you on your runs. The package fits comfortably in the pocket of your shorts or running pouch. You don’t have to finish it in one sitting (or in my case, in one run). You can have three pieces in the first 5k then maybe another three in the next 10k and so on and so forth.

The effect of the Jelly Belly Beans is immediate. The boost of energy is evident right away!! It’s a perfect product for my long 15k – 30k runs.

I highly recommend this product.