May 31, 2021

ON THE RUN FOR 41 YEARS



121,268.48
That’s the number of kilometers I raked in after 41 years of running. Never thought I’d reach this far but today, the 30th of May, is my “Runniversary”.
I normally mark these milestones by joining races but with the current situation, they have been banned for the time being.

BUT even with no race to commemorate my anniversary, the running adventure still continues with maybe just a few changes. I will still head out at the crack of dawn ready to explore the different nooks and crannies in the metropolis this time equipped with not just my cellphone and some loose change but a face mask and a bottle of alcohol.
SPEED, of course, is no longer an issue but that’s cool. I run for myself and myself alone. During the past year, I have also become somewhat “anti-social”. It’s not that I have suddenly turned shy and unfriendly but only to practice “social distancing” when on the road. Instead of chatting with friends, I just give them a good hearty wave when on the run.

I may miss the racing scene and the whole vibe it brings but it was never really about the race. It’s all about the run and I’m happy and grateful to have been on the run for 41 years....Thank you God!