Aug 18, 2014

Sofitel 21 km Race


          It was quite a hectic week for my brother Ton, myself and the rest of the Condura Skyway Marathon Team (CSM) as we worked long hours to set up the website and get it ready by - hook or by crook - for on-line Registration by August 15, 2014.   By 5:00pm the site went active and in spite of a few bugs and a little fine tuning here and there, the CSM Website is running quite smoothly. 

After all that frenzy,  what better way to "calm the soul" or just relax after a stressful week than by joining a RACE - The Sofitel 21 –km Race.

 I love running in any kinda weather and the Sofitel Race had a little of everything - rain, cloud, sun and humidity.   About 6,000 runners participated in the 3 category event (5km / 10 km / 21 km) organized by Run Rio. It was a good race as expected and I had a good run. Just what I needed to get the blood flowing and relieve some stress. 

After running several races in MOA and the BHS area, I am considering exploring other race venues for a change.  Nothing definite yet but have a few options in mind.  I also wish to do a Marathon before year end I am hoping and praying that I can fully recover from my injury by then. Although  most of my time and effort will be concentrated on the  prep and planning of the CSM 2015, I am confident I can still manage to participate in a few races here and there. I am happy with the feedback we have been getting thus far and would like to thank everyone again for their support. 

And yes ! "Real Men do wear Spandex" ; - )