Aug 13, 2014

NANU NANU Robin Williams 1951 - 2014

In Memoriam
"So much life to be lived
So much to be tried
And when you share it
You get a special feeling inside "

If you where born in the mid-seventies you would have probably heard this very famous jingle which was used for a McDonalds commercial. Fortunately, I was able to hear it once again while watching a tv series called the "Crazy Ones" ironically starring  no other than ROBIN WILLIAMS.  Its no secret that Robin Williams is one of my favorite Actor/Comedians.  I loved him in the movie "Awakenings" (1990) and "Dead Poets Society" (1989) where you can catch that famous spiel -"But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." 


What I like most about Mr. Williams is his quick wit and wacky ways. He had a kind of humor that was out of this world delivered with so much heart and enthusiasm.  His humor did not need the use of the  " F " or " S " words to be hilarious. While most know him for his comedic work and movies, Robin Williams was also a former cross country runner where in he was once quoted as saying "I love running cross country....On a track, I feel like a hamster."

I see a little bit of myself in Mr. Williams which is probably the reason why I can relate to him in some level. He was able to find the humor in anything and everything and still make people laugh despite dealing with his own personal turmoil.  He was one who truly embodied what it meant to "cease the day" (carpe diem) ; charging forward with a passion that is all his own. I am sad that he is no longer with us but I know his legacy shall live on and hopefully, keep us forever smiling.

"It's a full time thing
The kind of life that you lead
A little break from it all
Is the break that you need.
You deserve a break today.
So get up and get away."

RIP Mr. Robin Williams.  You are truly one of a kind.