Mar 24, 2014

Yakult 10 MILER

This is the 25th year of the Yakult - 10 Miler series and the race organizer,  Mr. Rudy Biscocho , a veteran in his field, was also our race director for the Condura Skyway Marathon for 2008 and 2009.  Though not much improvement has been made to this race compared to the other more popular races in the country, I still make it a point to join every year because after 25 years, the Yakult 10 Miler is already an institution. If not for Yakult, I don't think the running boom per se would have evolved the way it has today. 

The race route was set along Roxas Boulevard which is a fast and flat course with only the flyover to give you that burn in your legs. Every finisher receives the standard finisher's shirt and 1 bottle of Yakult which has been the practice since it started in the late 1980's.  No more frills and not much hoopla which is perfectly fine by me because I feel thats what gives Yakult that old fashion dependable character.

It was a good race and I'm definitely going to run it again next year. 



" BF" Paolo carvajal
My long time running friend Oknoy P. Great to see you