Nov 5, 2013

Colors of Baler

Oftentimes, learning to DETACH from our daily routine gives us an opportunity to discover life's simple joys.  So a few weeks ago, I ventured out of my comfort zone, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, for a quick shoot and a little R & R in a place I have never been to before - an easy 6-hour drive from Manila and situated on the east coast of Luzon fronting the Pacific Ocean.  In a nutshell, BALER was awesome....great food, hospitable locals, killer waves and fantastic landscapes. Best part is, I got to run in a beach that stretched for miles. 

I would wake up at the crack of dawn, darkness still everywhere with the morning sun just peeking through the mountains.  My Asics skimmed through the packed beach sand as I ran along the shoreline feeling the cool breeze in the air and the soothing sound of the waves crashing on the shore while waiting for the sun to slowly rise over the horizon. And when the morning light finally settled in, I was faced with clear skies and a magnificent view of the ocean coupled with the natural high one gets after a really good long run. 

I realize I've missed out on a few big races last October and it seems I may miss out on a few more this November. Not by choice of course, but I have just been pre-occupied with matters that required my time and attention.  However, this brief respite, has made me even more hungry for a race and I am so looking forward to joining one real soon. Seems ironic but sometimes, learning to "DISCONNECT" is good....if only to give us another opportunity to fully "RECHARGE".

Life is good ….. Running made it better – RunningShield !

 Chariots of Fire " Pinoy Version " Thank you Vidal Lim for the awesome picture !