Mar 18, 2013

Happy Birthday!

 
 Insanity Begins at 50 !!!!
I read in a Health Magazine somewhere that age 60 is the new 40.
And last week, someone told me that 50 is the new 30.
I’m not sure who’s been spreading these lies but …….
-       All I know is I am 50 years old today ( March 17 ), which equals ½ of a century.
-       60% of the hair on my head is white, even some hair in my armpits and in the ...... other area's  are partially white. 
-       I sleep at 9.30 pm & wake up at 4:00 am.
-       I need my afternoon siestas.
-       I have to take Fiber EVERYDAY, or else my hemorrhoids will act up.
-       I cannot read a damn thing unless I use my reading glasses.
-       I take Aspirin daily.
-       I walk like I have a stick up my ass every morning.
-       When I visit my dentist, we talk of Bridge and Implants.
-       I listen to AM Radio station.
-       And everyone around calls me “Sir “.
What makes it worst is my daughter called me, “Oldie Moldy”
Now, if that’s not OLD I don’t know what is.
But frankly writing,  in my opinion - “50” is only a number.
I actually feel more healthier now than when I was in my mid 20’s.
My outlook in life is more positive and I pray more.
I learned to appreciate the simple things in life and always put on a smile.
I do not worry so much about the little things - in fact, I don’t even worry about the big things! ha ha ha!
At 50, I've realized that everyday is a GOOD DAY.
Everyday is a BLESSING.
And so, I am grateful to GOD everyday – THANK YOU GOD!
Maybe it’s true what they say – 50 is the new 30.
Maybe yes, maybe not….
But one thing’s for sure…when you hit the age of 50....
“ INSANITY BEGINS “ !!!!!