Jan 28, 2013

Subic International Marathon 2013


One of my favorite Running Play Ground has to be Subic.
I remember the first time I went to Subic was in the year 1993. The U.S.A. navy / military just left the country and turned over the Area to the Philippines. The place was still so “America” so to speak with most of the Facilities still intact bars, bunkers, restaurant, beaches etc.
It’s good that the Former’s and Present Administration never abandon Subic it’s still very beautiful and clean. Now with the SCTex completed the drive is only about 3 hrs. From Manila. YaY!
They just have to shoot them Crazy Drivers who think Subic roads is EDSA.
Anyway,
I love Subic. I love the beach I love the food, I love the monkeys and the bats, I love the atmosphere but most of all I LOVE RUNNING IN SUBIC it’s very relaxing and even if it’s extremely hot I do not mind I like running under the sun
Sometimes when it’s really hot and humid I would run on the main street beside the beaches shirtless ha ha.
BUT I HAVE NEVER RAN A RACE IN SUBIC L
I decided with a week before Condura Skyway Marathon and with my mind really F!#@% I said, “Maybe it would be good to do a little RR&R … “Rest. Recreation and Race” which is the reason I decided to run the 21km race.
RACE DISTANCE : 21 KM
ACTUAL DISTANCE : 21:39 KM
FINISH TIME : 1:57:15
PACE : 5:28/ KM
It was a nice race.
Lovely view of the beach and what was nice about it is the race started at 5:15am which is not so early.
OH did I mention that my back is still killing me? Cant bent can’t touch my toes can’t do the back flip while stretching.
I also still have a very bad cold and cough.
maybe i should maintain my cough  syrup and cold med to run fast :-).
The weekend stint was good. I really needed it and yes after almost 20years I finally got to Race in Subic.
I had fun !

Ha ! Ha ! just clowning around..... i ran the 21km :-)
----------------------------------------------
 Some Awesome Pictures taken at Subic 
 This picture i like 
What do you think I am telling the Local ?
and what do you think his answer will be ?