Aug 24, 2011

The Road to Life......

When I read about your condition today.
I started to cry.
I was not mad or angry.
I was not even looking for someone to blame.
I did not question God and ask, “why” ?
But rather I accepted the news.
I accepted that you are in your twilight years.
But I question myself why I did not show more of my love to you my friend my mentor.

I woke up the next day with a heavy heart.
I laced up my running shoes and Ran ! Ran ! Ran !
I Ran like I never ran before.
Kilometers felt like meters.
Hours felt like minutes.
I was drenched in sweat.
My legs were burning in pain.
My lungs ready to explode.

As I took every turn on the road.
I picked up the pace faster and faster I ran.
Hoping to find that Miracle Cure around the bend.
Hoping that I can offer it to you.
But I knew there was none.
It is inevitable and only by prayers, acceptance and love will make things better.
Wait, maybe that is the cure !

Maybe we can grab an ice cream one day.
Or have a shot of Bombay Gin.
Or a short chat while I accompany you from the 2nd floor to your car.
While we still have time…..
While you still remember.

As I ended my run and as I write this I cried again.
I close my eyes while tears roll down my cheeks.
And ended each tear with a Prayer.
Hoping as time goes on rather than you forgetting me...
I will always remember you.


-------
Why do we close our eyes when we sleep? When we cry?
When we imagine? When we kiss?
This is because the most beautiful things in
the world are unseen.

Anonymous