Apr 18, 2011

Run with the light

RUN THE LIGHT Race Event held last Apr 16 was a very nice, no frill, 15 kilometer race.It started and finished at the Alabang Town Center, which is only 10 mins from outside our home.The race route was inside our village in Ayala Alabang, which was very challenging because of the rolling hills.

If you’re not familiar with the area, you will burn yourself out in the early stages of the races, but because I had the advantage of running on home court ground, I knew when to pick up the pace and when to pace myself.

Mabu In spite of the serious dehydration less than a week before in the Natgeo 21k race, with her body still recovering she finished well.Overall, it was a good Saturday race which my wife – Mabu ,friend Marie B. and I enjoyed very much. And I suggest to all runners that if there is a Running Race near your area. Go out and support them! They may still be small & petty now, but with enough perseverance, it may evolve into one of the biggest races there is.

Lastly, my elder Brother “Robie“ run his first 10k race too. Not long ago, if I am not mistaken, he use to weigh in at least 200lbs, but now he is thinner than me!… but still not as good looking as me. :-) Just kidding Robie! Congratulations!

Zack, Marie, Mabu and I before gun start
After i finished the 15k event i went to check on the girls
With my Elder brother Robie . he use to weigh in at least 200 lbs.
Me with Mark S. and friend
Breakfast at Antonio's - Tagaytay
We had Ox Brain the next day, Delicious !