NIKE+SportsWatch GPS -- GARMIN
GARMIN in my opinion is the best Running Watch.
I already had 4 of them in a span of 7 years.
My current GARMIN 310xt is about a year and a half old and I know sooner or later it will conk out.
Instead of purchasing another GARMIN I decided to purchase a NIKE+SportWatch GPS.
I used the NIKE+SWGPS several times already and I am very pleased with its performance.
Listed below is what I LIKE , DON’T LIKE and WISH IT HAD with regards to the NIKE+SWGPS .
I won’t directly compare the NIKE+SWGPS with GARMIN because we runners already know GARMIN is A1.
I also won’t talk about the Technical Specs of the NIKE+SWGPS the details can be access in Nike.com
I LIKE :
- Price – Nike+SWGPS is $215.00 plus tax. While the Garmin 310xt is $500.00 plus tax.
- I can wear my NIKE+SWGPS even when I’m not running - It takes 2 hrs for the battery to fully charge. Battery will last for up to 70 days, or up to 9 hours of RUN time with the GPS and senor ON.
- The watch is color “ BLACK “. Black is my favorite color.
- Sleek design
- Very users friendly.
- Fast hook up to a Satellite
- Distance is more or less accurate.
- when you press the pause button a giant "PAUSED" sign appears in the screen.
I DON’T LIKE :
- You have to Tap the screen to turn on the light.
- The top portion of the screen is very small. When I’m not wearing my glasses I can hardly see the numbers.
- To change the Time you have to connect to the computer.
- To Charge the watch you have to connect it to the computer.
- To Customize setting you have to connect it to the computer.
- To update, Delete when memory is full you have to connect to the computer.
- To make any changes with the watch you always have to connect to the computer.
- The Alarm / beep sound is very soft. They should make it louder . I have to put the watch near my ear just to hear it.
- When battery is low the beep sound is to soft you can hardly hear it.
- After more or less 5 hrs of accumulated running time. i have to recharge the watch.
I WISH IT HAD :
- Vibration. Like the Garmin when you turn the watch ON, OFF, PAUSE etc. it “vibrates”.
- Option to charge the watch by plugging it into a wall socket and not to the computer only.
- A beep or vibrate if i loss the satellite hook up.
I guess at the end of the day it really depends on what you want and if it fits your budge.
I like both.