Feb 11, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon Part - 2

It was 24 hours before the start of the Condura Skyway Marathon. I will be running the 42.195km Marathon event - and I still did NOT get the much needed rest.
I was still very busy finalizing preparations for the race, and was still entertaining last minute registration of VIP’s and elite runners.
When I decided to go to bed ( Feb.5 ) it was already 10:30pm and I woke up at 11:30 pm. I only got 1 hour sleep !!!!!
I couldn’t sleep anymore my adrenaline was pumping and I won’t deny I was nervous about my performance.
But still, God was on my side in spite of all the obstacles. My run went very well, and it was only on the last 2km that I struggled & ran the hardest as cramps started to hit me.
I finished at a time of 4:16:38 which was at least 7 mins faster than my last Marathon - Quezon City Marathon 2010 – where I finished at a time of 4:23:09.
Miracles do HAPPEN!

PATRICK STATISTIC :
DISTANCE : 42.195 km.
TIME : 4:12:51
ACTUAL DISTANCE ( Garmin) : 42.830 km.
TIME : 4:16:37
PACE : 5:59 / km.
My wife was totally psyched for the Condura Skyway event. She will be doing the 16k event.
This is her first time to do this distance and I can see in her eyes that she was hungry to perform well.
Obstacle 1 – 2 days before the race, she got sick and had a high fever of 38. She also had a bad cough and cold – early signs of a FLU!
I wanted to tell her, “Babes, maybe you should rest instead, and not run anymore cause you might faint“.
But before I could even say anything, she goes, “ Pat I want to run” - Now talk about Determination.
On the Race day, in spite of a lingering 38 degree fever and a bad cough - she still ran the 16k event!
She stopped at all water / 100 plus stations to remain hydrated, and did several Pit stops on the skyway. To my surprise, she did very well and even took several pictures on the skyway.
When I asked her how did it feel to run in the Skyway? she said, “Running in the Skyway is INDESCRIBABLE! It was the best!”.

MABU STATISTIC :
DISTANCE : 16K
TIME: 2:45:49