May 26, 2010

80,000 Kilometers

Today May.26, 2010, I officially past the 80,000 km Running mileage mark.
I started Running May.30,1980 that makes it a total of 29yrs 11months 26day for me to reach the 80,000 km.

How far is 80,000 km ?
1. The circumference of the earth at the equator is 40,076 kms. = I ran 1.95 times around
the world.
2. 80,000 km = 1,895.95 Marathons
3. Distance of the United States from West Coast to the East Coast ,1 way = 4,828km

(I ran across the United States 16.57 times).

The day I started running, I always kept a Running log book, where I would indicate how many kilometres I ran for the day, what my pace per km was, what the weather was, and how I felt during my run.
I did this for days, weeks, months and years.
It was only late last year that I realized that I would hit the 80,000 km mark around May 2010.
Every kilometre I ran was always an Adventure to me.
Every step I took was a discovery of myself.
I learned what my limitations were
I learned what i could change, what i could not and were i needed help.
But most of all, I have accepted WHO I AM.
There were days when I felt like I was running in Heaven, but there were also days that I struggled with my run.
But I NEVER had a bad running day, because each run was always a NEW experience.
I have always said, “Running is NOT a Sport, but a way of LIFE. With every step I take, there was a sense of inner peace within me. Also, it gave me the strength to handle challenges in a better prospective.
I have no plans of slowing down. I will keep on running till my Creator allows me too, because it is Him who gives me the willpower to go on.
THE JOURNEY HAS JUST BEGUN IN THIS GAME THEY CALL LIFE !

Thank you God

This will not happen :-)