May 30, 2010

30 years Running

+ 1 = 30 years of Running
Today May.30, 2010 is my 30th Running Anniversary.
Running has always been my Passion, I feel it is what I do best.
Every kilometre I ran was always an Adventure to me.
Every step I took was a discovery of myself.
There were days when I felt like I was running in Heaven, but there were also days that I struggled with my run.
But I NEVER had a bad running day, because Running is what I truly enjoy.
I have always said, “Running is NOT a Sport, but a way of LIFE”.
I pray for many more Running Decades to come and I always Thank my Wife,kids but most of all my Creator because it is them who gives me the strength to go on.
I continue my journey in this game I call LIFE.
THE JOURNEY HAS JUST BEGUN !HIGHLIGHTS:
Started Running MAY.30, 1980:
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Weight when I started Running: 220lbs.
Present weight: 129 lbs.
WHY I STARTED RUNNING: I started Running NOT to lose weight but I started running because I simply enjoyed it.
When I took my first step us a runner I knew I was hooked and this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
TOTAL no. of Races I have joined: 169
Breakdown:
MARATHONS - 4
20 MILES – 1
HALF MARATHON - 2
21k - 5
16K - 5
15K - 5
12K - 8
10K - 128
9K - 2
8K – 2
6K - 1
5K - 2
4.5K - 1
3K - 1
200M – 2
-------------------------
BEST RACE TIME:
MARATHONBold – 3:52:20
HALF MARATHON – 1:54:53
21k - 1: 56 :51
16K – 1:21:3910K – 41.10
FIRST RACE: LA SALLE - LIPA 6K RACE (1981)
NO. OF RUNNING SHOES ACCUMULATED: 300 -+
FIRST RUNNING SHOE: BROOKS
FIRST RACING SHOE :ADIDAS MARATHON 80
INJURIES: PLANTAR FASCIA, SHIN SPLITS, PATELLA TENDINITIS, HEEL SPUR, BACK PULL, TENDON BURSITIS, PULLED HAMSTRING.
PLACES I HAVE RUN OVERSEAS:
HONG KONG, THAILAND, SOUTH KOREA, SINGAPORE, CANADA (VANCOUVER, RICHMOND, AND SUREY) STATES (SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, LAS VEGA, LEVI, SEATTLE, HAWAII, AND GUAM).
PLACES I HAVE RUN PHILIPPINES:
LIPA , BATANGAS, TAGAYTAY, BORACAY, ANTIPOLO, PASAY, PASIG, CALATRAVA NEGROS, LINGAYEN, BOHOL,BICOL,BAGUIO,PANGASINAN, SUBIC, CLARK, ALABANG,FORT, GRENNHILLS, Q.C., MAKATI,ROXAS BOULEVARD, DUMAGETE,CEBU,DAVAO
FAVORITE RUNNING SHOE: NIKE Tailwind (they don’t make it anymore), ASICS kinsei, NIKE Air Max Series.
FAVORITE RUNNING GEAR: GARMIN
FAVORITE RUNNING QUOTE: Make Running a way of Life.
FAVORITE RUNNERS: Sebastian Coe, Alberto Salazar, Joan Benoit, Bill Rogers.
FAVORITE RUNNING DRINK: Water, Coke Zero
FAVORITE RUNNING FOOD: Rice or Instant noodles
FAVORITE RUNNING BOOK: Running and being – Dr. Gorge Sheehan
FAVORITE POST RACE FOOD: Chocolate milk with cornflakes & Peking duck
FAVORITE POST RACE DRINK: Margarita, Lite Beer, Mojito
FAVORITE PAIN KILLER: Alaxan 1000mg
FAVORITE RACE: Greenfield 2010
OTHERS:
- I have been praying the Rosary in my run since the year 1994.
- In the first 13 years I was an afternoon runner. When I got married I switched to an early morning runner.I wanted to spend more time with the family.
- I like running alone. I’m not a very good running partner
- I never listen to music when I run.
- I love running in the rain or snow.
- i disabled the "Comment Option" in my blog because comments are not important to me. I Like sharing my Running Experience in my blog, if you like reading my blog I Thank you very much. If you don't like it i also say thank you for reading it.
- I fell flat on my face twice while running.
- I’ve gone to the bushes to do the no.1 about 50 times
- I’ve gone to the bushes to do the no. 2 about 10 times :-)

Picture of me when i started running 1980 ( note: The La Salle track uniform )

RunningShield 2010