Jul 10, 2008

Addicted to Running Shoes

My present Running shoe Arsenal. i have 15 pairs
After the Manila 1/2 Marathon i rewarded myself with an Asics 2020. I usually repalce the insoles with a Spenco or Soft inc. i find it much more comfortable especially on the heal strikes.



OK I have to admit it im an addict! I'm addicted to Running Shoes. I just can't help it even if my present running shoes are still in good condition I have to buy myself a new pair. If there is a new upgraded model coming out I can't wait to buy me a new pair. Sometimes if the shoe is not available locally I will order it on line. I just got to get it. I purchase at least 7 - 10 pairs a year. After a race I reward my self by not pigging out or a rest day but I purchase a new pair. My favourite are the Asics and Nike brand. The NB, Mizuno & Adidas brand don’t really go well with my feet perhaps because I have very delicate feet. At present I have 15 pairs in my arsenal.
On the good side of this addiction is every Christmas I would have my yearly closet cleaning day and 60% of my running shoes I give them away to my Driver, Security Detail, Gardener and neighbours household help. In fact a few days before Christmas I can see them anxiously waiting for me to call them.
After the manila 1/2 marathon last July .06, 2008 I purchased an Asics 2020.