Jun 23, 2008

Manila 1/2 Marathon June 22 - July 6,2008

Manila ½ Marathon
June. 22, 2008
I have been preparing for this race for over 2 months. My weekly mileage was about 80km / week. My weight was down to 130lbs. and i was ready. My target was 2hrs or less.
Everything was a go EXCEPT FOR 1 MAJOR set back.
Typhoon FRANK with Gustiness of (Signal no.3) 175kph was coming to town and was expecting to hit Manila Sunday morning.
I got up at 3am and looked outside my window and man was the wind howling outside.
I Texted the Race Organizer and he told me that the Mayor of Manila – Mr. Lim decided to cancel the race and had it reset for July.06, 2008.
I was very disappointed but Safety is always a no. 1 concern.
Besides I could not go to the race and worry about my family back in the house.
As my youngest daughter always tells me “Family First “.
I have 2 weeks to prepare again ….unless another storm comes in on that date.
Oh before I forget my race no. is the same as my house no.
Cool!!!!